Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday

As always on Wednesdays, we started our day with band and chorus or study hall. Students who had study hall were very productive.

It was a bit of a zigger-zagger day (a term stolen from Mrs. Boyko at HMS!) because I taught science this morning and reading in the afternoon. In science, Mrs. Locke came to teach us about Microsoft Excel and how to turn our data into awesome charts! Students began working on making 3 charts for the learning style/multiple intelligence data. They will have more time tomorrow (6F) and Friday (6S) to finish these up. I also handed back the questions from the Brain Body Reaction Time Lab today. If you have any questions about how these were scored, please contact me.

In writing, we worked one more time on the Graphs of Life. Final drafts of these are due on Friday. There is no writing time tomorrow due to math MAP testing, so the rest of the graphs are homework. Some students already passed them in.

In reading this afternoon, I had students take a second look at their reading logs passed in yesterday. I gave them the rubric for how I will grade them and asked them to make sure they have all the information that they need. I will not do this next time. If you would like a copy of the rubric, please let me know. Also today, we talked about Easy, Just Right and Challenge books. I gave examples from my own reading life to show that the size of the book has nothing to do with its challenge level.

2 hours and vocab is due on Tuesday, September 21.