Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork!

I collected lots of paperwork today. Thank you to all who sent things in. If you didn't get a chance to do that, please send it in with your child on Tuesday of next week.

Remember, we have no school until Tuesday, September 7. Enjoy the long weekend!

Today was the first day of band and chorus. They will meet every Wednesday from 8 to 9 in the morning. The students who do not go to either of these activities stay in the classroom for study hall. They fill out "Study Hall Goal Sheets". This is where students set goals for what they will accomplish during the hour's time. I collect these each week when the study hall is over.

I went over the homework policy today. Please ask your child for a copy if he or she doesn't show it to you. This is also on my Homeworknow website.

In reading, I book talked some books that I read over the summer. Also, we did an activity called "Who Read This?" where students asked each other about different books that they might have read. Homework is to have a book for Tuesday's class.

In writing, we wrote letters to ourselves. I collected them and will pass them out sometime in the future.

During science, we did a Scavenger Hunt about where things are in the classroom.