Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday

Today was the last day of this round of math groups.   We are looking at other ways to mix up the groups for the next few weeks.  More on that to come.

During reading, we used the Can It Be For Me? and Choosing a Good Fit Book strategies to decide which book we might choose for the Celebrate Our Differences unit. I will look at these choices, use what I know about each child, and assign books for Monday's class.  Students will decide deadlines, knowing when the book should be completed, in groups during Monday's class.  There was some Read to Self time today.

I explained the Who am I as a Learner Essay to 6S today in science.  I gave them the pre-writing sheet to work on and I showed them examples of what the essay should look like.  They had time to work on this in class.  For 6F, the essays are due Monday.  For 6S, the due date is Tuesday. 

We had our first round of clubs today!  So fun!  My club is creating a digital movie in iMovie.  There are so many choices for clubs this time around.  Ask your child what he/she did and let me know how he/she liked it!