Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday

This morning, we read for 60 minutes during reading class.  It is so nice to see students taking this time seriously.  I love seeing how much progress they are making in their books.  The Avi books are coming along nicely.  Other students are balancing the Avi Unit with books of their choice.  I'm so glad they are reading!  It makes me so happy!  Conferring one-on-one has been wonderful as well. I am able to get a good pulse on where each child is as far as fluency and comprehension go. 

Remember, students still may read at home, especially if they need to finish books for the end of the year goal or for their Genre Pie.  If they choose to read at home, they do not have to log it.

In writing today we really looked at the descriptive pieces.  Students went over the feedback from me and worked on revision.  I'm hoping these are wrapped up by Friday.  I'd like to finish out the descriptive writing unit early next week and move on to expository writing which involves our World's Fair essays.

Science looked the same for 6S today as it did yesterday for 6F.  These labs are due on Thursday for this class.

Good stuff!