Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday

6F has been so productive today!  Most students have finished their compare contrast essays.  If they are not done, they have some time this afternoon or even tomorrow to finish.  I'm so proud of their work ethic today!  We've spent all morning in the computer lab or library typing and getting things done.  Phew!

I introduced the Who am I as a Reader? essay today.  All students will be done with this by tomorrow.  I will have this in their portfolios with their reading logs as their artifacts.  Portfolios will be sent home tomorrow for you to view over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Please take some time to look at all of the great work your child has been doing so far in sixth grade.  It's amazing to see how far we've come in such a short amount of time!  I would like the portfolios back when the students come back on Monday.

As far as the science project goes, I will be looking at Step 3 tomorrow.  This is identifying the independent and dependent variables.  I will hand out guidelines for writing the conclusions this week.  Students, if they haven't yet, should be conducting their experiments in the next week.  The results and conclusions are due when they get back on Tuesday.  The final lay out is due Thursday, December 2 for the science fair.  I will put another page on this blog to show how the board should be laid out.  Let me know if you have any questions.