Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday at Last!

It's been an awesome week to get things done.  I love that there were no interruptions to the week!

We ended our WIN writing groups today.  My group could have used five more classes to finish their digital stories.  We began plugging in images into an iPhoto book.  Nobody finished but they could still use any free time they have to work on this.  From what I saw, I was impressed.  Kids know so much about technology!  It's amazing to me!

In reading, we began calculating how many pages we've been reading over the course of the last 10 weeks.  Students will need this information for their Who am I as a Reader? essays that we will work on next week in class.  This is part of their portfolios and I will send these home for you to view over the Thanksgiving break.  Log #11 is due Tuesday.

This afternoon, 6S did the reading genre quiz.  They read 2 pictures and identified their genres.  Examples were given to support their reasoning. 

Have a super weekend!