Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday

Lots and lots going on today as usual!  In reading, we worked on the metacognition stations.  Students are in good shape with this.  There will be more time to work on these coming up this week.  I also read aloud to my class today.  I will do the same for 6S/B tomorrow.

In the afternoon, we worked on our portfolios.  These are coming together nicely.

Please remember to send in the HMS permission slips for tomorrow.  We will be going over there in the morning to work with our second grade buddies.

Also, today, we talked about upcoming events.  One thing you should be aware of is a sixth grade special day.  This will either take place on June 20 or June 21 (depending on the weather and when field day is).  We will be showing students a movie either here or at Red River Theater.  Also, we will feed them Sal's pizza for lunch.  I asked for their orders today.  They have a choice of cheese pizza or pepperoni pizza, 1 or 2 slices.  It will cost $2.00 per slice.  A slip will be going home with this information soon.  Be looking for that.

It is a busy time of year.  Please check the blog often to stay up on all events.  I'll do my best to remember everything!  Also, please let me know of any questions that pop up.